Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Research - Post Modernism and Fallout 3

The first article I found is called "From Genre Mineur to Critical Aesthetic: Pastiche" by Ingeborg Hoesterey. In this article Hoesterey examines Pastiche as a literary motif and how also goes into the history and reason why pastiche is used. Hoesterey also  examines the ideology behind the Post-Modernist movement and defines the building blocks of it such as Pastiche.

The next article I found is called "Stories, Probes, and Games" by James Paul Gee. In this article Gee explores who video games can provide insight into the feels that arise from playing a game and the connection the player makes with the game through the game's narrative structure and narrative choices.  Gee also looks into how storytelling can be good and bad within a game.

The next article I found is "Understanding Video Games as Emotional Experiences" by Aki Jarvinen. I will use this article to explore emotional responses to aspects in video games. This is especially important for my argument as I feel that the emotional connections to the what the 1950's represent is what propels the aesthetics of Fallout 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment